Sunday, December 30, 2007

Of all things, I forgot my camera when I went home for Christmas, but luckily my son Shane and my (ex)daughter-in-law Carrie took some photos for me to share with others here in Xalapa and you out there in the blogosphere.

Shane and DianaShane and Diana, his significant other of many years, met me at the Albuquerque Sunport and took me directly to Cervantes, a nearby New Mexican restaurant, so that I could have New Mexican red chile, which is a different kind of chile from those I've eaten in México. As you can see from the photo, the restaurant was all decked out for Christmas.

While in Albuquerque, I stayed at my house. My good friend Sharon and her dog Allee are living there in my absence and taking care of my house and my cat Fred. (Sharon is trying to sell her house, but she could hardly have picked a worse time, given the housing slump in Albuquerque and the U.S. in general.)

I visited my mom everyday while I was in Albuquerque, and she and I spent Christmas Eve with my brother David and his wife Carmen, their sons Keegan and Kyle, and their wives Lyn and Elena and kids. It was so fun to watch them--Maiyah, Adan ("Boogie") and Layla open their presents, and--in the case of Adan and Layla--quickly return to playing with cups, glasses, and other simple things.

Two days after I arrived home, I drove down to Las Cruces--a 3-hour-and-15-minute trip south on I-25--to see my kids and grandkids there:

  • My daughter Shelley, her husband Brooks, and their kids: Chris, Rick, Clay, and Haley. I didn't get a photo of Shelley, Brooks, or Rick, but here's a photo of me with Chris, Clay, and Haley.
  • My son Sean and his kids Bryan and Caitlin.
  • My former daughter-in-law Carrie and her husband Richard Rosales and their five kids, who include--besides Bryan and Caitlin--Andrew, J.D., and new baby Miguel ("Mikey").
Thanks for taking and sending me these pictures, Carrie! Click on them to enlarge them.

Haley, Chris, Clay, and meCaitlin, Sean, and BryanAndrew, Bryan, Richard, Caitlin, J.D., Mikey, and Carrie

No comments: