Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dinner on Thanksgiving Day with PeryToday, Thursday, November 22, is just another workday here in Mexico. But this afternoon after our morning classes, Pery took me to a great restaurant--Estacion de Tecahuete (to be honest, I'm guessing about the name)--where we had a fine meal, and I called it Thanksgiving dinner.

And this Sunday and the Sunday after that, I'll be cooking Thanksgiving for some friends, so then I'll be able to enjoy turkey and dressing, cranberries and sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, apple pie and ice cream (I'm not a big pumpkin pie fan) and--best of all--leftovers the next day!

I have much to be thankful for this year. After the health of my family and friends, I am most thankful for being able to spend this year in Mexico.


If you're interested in knowing more about the history of Thanksgiving in the United States, you can read, see, and hear about it on the History.com website.

No comments: